- Are you cut out for full time mobile living?
- Is a bus the right kind of vehicle for you?
- Can you convert a bus into a Skoolie?
- Define your needs, wants and expected usage.
- How much time to dedicate to learning about buses?
- What is your vision for living full time in a bus?
- Resource Directory
PRIORITIZING WHAT YOU NEED IN A BUS CONVERSION
- Define your needs vs your wants
- Classify needs based on importance for day to day life vs on the road travel
- Create a budget for your bus conversion needs
- Create a list of resources for your conversion needs
PRIORITIZING WHAT YOU WANT IN A BUS CONVERSION
- Define your wants vs your needs
- Classify wants based on personal priority
- Create a budget for your bus conversion wants
- Create a list of resources for your conversion wants
LEARNING ABOUT BUSES
- Prepare yourself to watch hours and hours of videos!
- Prepare yourself for forums and subscription emails
- Prepare yourself for lots and lots of bookmarks
- Prepare yourself for spreadsheets and organization
PLANNING YOUR BUS LAYOUT
- Do I have to plan out my layout before I buy my bus?
- How do I layout my bus?
- What tools can I use to help visualize how my bus will look?
- What are important decisions that I need to make before I start my bus conversion?
- How do I create a budget for my bus conversion?
PICKING YOUR BUS
- What type of bus is right for your conversion plans?
- What type of bus engine is the best for my travel plans?
- What type of bus drive train is the best for my travel plans?
BUYING YOUR BUS
- Develop a budget your bus purchase
- Developing a plan for finding your bus
- Internet auction sites
- Private sales
- Forum Sales
- How to inspect your bus in person or from afar
- Traveling to and inspecting your bus
- Hiring someone local to inspect your bus
- How to pay for your bus
- Methods for payment
- How to travel safely with cash
RECEIVING YOUR BUS
- What to do when you pickup your bus
- Things to verify prior to taking delivery
- What paperwork to make sure you get from prior owner
TRANSPORTING YOUR BUS
- Pre-Transport / Driving Inspection
- How to do it legally
- How to do it less than legal
- Towing and Hauling services
REGISTERING / TITLING / INSURING YOUR BUS
- Register your RV as a personal recreational vehicle
- How to register your bus as an RV prior to conversion
- How to get insurance for your converted bus
SECURING A LEGAL LICENSE
- Do I need a special license to drive a school bus?
- How do I secure the special endorsements or license needed in my state?
- What mechanical repairs need to be made to my bus before conversion?
- What are the most important items that I should make sure are working correctly?
- How do I find a good mechanic to work on my bus?
- How do I find good repair parts for my bus?
- What structural repairs are important when converting a bus?
- How do I repair damaged sheet metal?
- How do I repair a damaged frame?
TEAR OUT AND DISPOSAL
- Removal of seats
- Removal of wall panels
- Removal of ceiling
- Removal of floor
- Removal of bus specific items - sign, lights, etc.
- Removal of heating systems
- Removal of wheel chair lift
- Why is insulation important in my bus conversion?
- What are the insulation options?
- What is the best insulation?
- Why raise the roof on a converted school bus?
- Why do I need to install framing in my bus?
- How do I frame out my bus?
- What is important when framing out a bus?